The Second Chapter book sale room is operated by the Friends of the Reading Public Library. It is located on the library’s ground level, through the adult audiobook room. The room is open during normal library hours, and features books, music, audiobooks, movies, and more.
Payment is on the honor system. Simply put your donation into the lock box on the wall in the Second Chapter Room. You may put any comments or suggestions in the lock box as well. All money raised from Second Chapter returns to the library via the Friends in support of programs, speakers and passes.
- Hard cover books: $2
- Trade paperbacks: $1
- Small paperbacks: $.50
- CDs: $1
- Audiobooks, DVDs, video games: $4
The Second Chapter Room is not currently accepting donations. Please do not leave donations in the room.
- Some of your books may be valuable. Contact a used book dealer to find out.
- Donate your books to a nursing home.
- Donate your books to a prison.
- Donate your books to churches or temples (often for book sales).
- Donate your books to shelters.
- Check the Yellow Pages or the Human Services Yellow Pages for addresses and phone numbers.