Mango Languages is a self-paced online language learning system teaching conversation skills in over 20 languages including English as a Second Language (ESL).
Mango uses real-life situations and actual conversations to help you learn words and phrases useful in practical situations. You learn more than words in a new language; you learn to communicate.
- Babel Fish Translation – Enter a URL or a short pieces of text, choose your languages and the Assistant will provide a basic translation.
- Ethnologue – This web site is based on the reference book Ethnologue: Languages of the World and provides access to a major database of the world’s languages, including alternate names, geographic information, where spoken, etc.
- iLoveLanguages – A comprehensive catalog of internet resources related to the study and teaching of languages
- OWL Handouts – A large collection of webpages on different troublesome aspects of English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Common errors in English – Paul Brians, an English professor at Washington State University, maintains this guide to proper usage
- Guide to Grammar and Writing – Provides sentence, paragraph or essay level help, and includes interactive quizzes and a question-and-answer service
- Activities for ESL Students – Quizzes, tests, exercises and puzzles contributed by teachers