Stop by the Check Out Desk to present identification andYou will select a PIN or Password to access your account online and reserve museum passes.
That’s it! We’ll give you a library card right away!
Start from home
Save time by filling out the registration form at home. You will be issued a temporary library card number, good for up to 2 weeks. Within that period, stop by with valid identification to be given your permanent card.
Children through sixth grade may apply for cards in the Children’s Room. Library card applications for anyone under 16 years of age requires the signature of a parent or guardian.
Using your card @ other libraries
Not a Reading resident?
If you aren’t a resident of Reading, you can still use your hometown card at the Reading Public Library. If your home library has been decertified, please see our “Policy on Lending to Residents of Municipalities with Decertified Libraries”.
- New adult fiction & nonfiction: 14 days
- Express books: 7 days, Express DVDs: 3 days (no renewals)
- Telescope, DVDs: 7 days
- Books, CDs, Magazines, Audiobooks, Videogames: 14 days
- Library of Things: 14 days
- Museum passes: 1 day (no renewals)
- Laptops, tablets, and “In Library Use” equipment*: 2 hours per day
* Special arrangements may be made by request. Extended loans are also available to Reading teachers and for school or special projects.
To allow everyone to have access to our materials we limit *:
- Video Games: 2 per family
- CDs or DVDs: 20 per family
- Adult Library of Things: 1 per family
- Children’s Library of Things: 2 per family
*To protect our special collections, the library reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who abuses the equipment, or is repeatedly late in returning equipment.